Welcome to the Tiger class page for 2019-20. Please visit this page as often as you can to find out what we have been doing in class and also to get any additional information relating to events and tasks given to the 'Tiger Team'
Learning at Home
First of all, thanks to all the children and parents that have worked hard to keep our children safe and happy over that last few difficult weeks.
Outlined below is a schedule for home learning whilst you and your children are not at school. Please note this is just a guide and does not have to be followed to the letter, however it will really help to organise the work that your child has been set. Within it is also some great ideas of different things to do with your children and links to useful resources and websites that will be continually updated.
On a daily basis I will be adding 5 tasks (5-a-day tasks) to be completed each day by the children in a wide variety of areas.
These will fall into one of the following categories:
1) Reading and Spelling Tasks
2) Writing and Sentence Work Tasks
3) Maths and Problem Solving Tasks
4) Science and Technology Tasks
5) Active and Creative Tasks
6) Project Tasks*
*The project task is a short themed project that should take you up to Easter and can be done in any order. Wherever you see 'Project Task' in the 5-a-day Tasks this should be done for up to an hour. It is also outlined below so you can even get started on it straight away!
Please be aware that on the days where I am teaching the children of our key workers in school, I will not be setting any daily tasks so take this opportunity to catch up on any tasks not completed.
I will be available via classDojo to answer and questions you might have so make sure you have all signed up to it.
Thanks for your continued support,
Stay safe, stay positive,
A Daily Schedule Example
Tiger Easter Project:
1) Decorate a hard boiled egg and make a stand for it.
- Once completed send me a photo on classdojo and my own children will judge the winner on the last day of term. The winner will receive a substantial dojo points reward!
2) Make an Easter card for a Parent
- Better keep this one hush-hush though.
3) Make and Decorate an Easter basket
- I'll be impressed if you can reuse items that you would normally discard. Again send you pics into our classdojo
4) Make and Easter hat/bonnet
Why not decorate and old hat or cap? Send in a short video with you parading to a song like on a catwalk. With your parents permission I'll post these on the classdojo for all to see.
5) Make and Decorate some easter biscuits
These can be any shape or design - the more creative the better! Here is my simple recipe:
275g plain flour
1 egg lightly beaten
- Preheat the oven 190/170 fan/gas mark 5
- Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper or grease a tin with butter.
- Mix (or cream) the butter and sugar together in a bowl
- Beat in the egg a little at a time until well combined
- Stir in the flour until the mixture comes together as dough
- Roll the dough out until 1cm thick
- Cut into Easter shapes
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until golden in colour
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes
- Decorate and place in your Easter basket.
Spellings are now used to complete spelling based morning tasks in this term. Below is the complete list to learn so far
Thanks to those parents who have asked for any additional activities to help make learning tables more interesting. We've recently started our new exciting journey into the world of 'Times Table Rock stars' and each of your children have a login password. Have fun!
A Special Mention
Whole Class - For their great resilience throughout the difficult week we've had
Dates For The Diary